Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Ibuilt" My Own WebSite

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.


So, if you have been reading this blog, you are aware that I am in the process of starting a business. I will write about that someday soon, but one of the main reasons I started this blog is to pass along cool things that I happen across in the process of creating this business. So, one of the things I realized , as my idea for my business took form, is that I needed to become more computer saavy. So, I have been on a mission...to teach myself as much as possible about how business is done on the web. One of the reasons I started this blog is to become more familiar w/the blogging medium too. I believe the web is the way most/many things will be marketed now and even more so in the future. People are just becoming more and more comfortable ordering on the web and receiving their packages right on their doorstep.

I decided to build my own web site. Now, I am not a girl w/any experience writing code and to be honest, I don't want to make that my focus. I tried out so many "trials" on web site host/builders that I have to pass along the one that stands out so far and has become a favorite, ibuilt! This site is very easy to edit, no code required...and lots of templates to play with...No, I am not set up as an affiliate of theirs, so I don't get any $$ for recommending this, but the web sites you create are packed w/features, the e-commerce plans have features like automatic uploading to froogle etc...so, even if you think you could never do this, try out a free 2 week trial just for fun. You may learn something and it is a blast to mess around to see what you can do. So...ibuilt...it's one to try and I will be back with more as I continue to try these out.

2/9/07-UPDATE-The exact same web sitebuilder can be found at Netidnow, and I find it to have a few more plan options (click on WEB STUDIO). It is actually the exact same program, though. Netidnow web studio is the one I am using, but the differences are negligible. After all this time, I still find this the most intuitive and easy to work with! You can be a beginner or a pretty advanced user and this program will suit your needs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I use ibuilt for my website and think it's brillaint.

Carol said...

So true...the longer I use this the more I LOVE it. Brilliant it is. You can build a website even when you are a total beginner, but you just don't outgrow it even when you become quite good at it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick Linker