Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Prefab Houses....going green in STYLE!

Wow...I have lived all over the country, moving every 4-5 years with my husband's job. This has it's advantages and disadvantages. All this moving has certainly made me think about where I want to live permanently someday. We vacation every summer on Coronado Island off San Diego. I absolutely love it there and could definitely downsize into a cottage (if I can ever afford 2 million for a cottage!) there on the island, minutes from downtown San Diego. I have noticed every year some of the cottages without historical relevance (and yikes, even some with historical relevance!) are torn down and rebuilt by those who have the $$ to invest in such places. Yesterday, while I was searching for something else, I serendipitously came across the Sunset Breezehouse, a modular modernistic prefab dwelling designed by Michelle Kaufman. Wow..., now you might say, "How's that going to fit in with Coronado's cottages?" and while maybe I can see it fitting in, especially since the building is customizable and very "green" in nature; they probably have some major restrictions in Coronado. But, be that as it may, I couldn't help but be totally jazzed at least by the concept. A customizable, very green dwelling that has clean lines and looks just great with all the windows and light an artist (that's me) could ever want. Incorporated in every breezehouse is the "breezeway element" with window walls that open up completely, transitioning your indoor space into outside space. It just makes so much sense! The world is a crazy place these days and I would love to do my part, and do it in style.I think these Sunset Breezehouses are a very cool idea for residential architecture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick Linker